【摘要】 全国英语等级考试 【后附答案】 第三级 PUBLIC ENGLISH TEST SYSTEM (PETS) LEVEL3 2014年9月笔试真卷 SECTION I Listening Comprehension (略) SECTION Ⅱ Use of English
PUBLIC ENGLISH TEST SYSTEM (PETS)
SECTION I Listening Comprehension (略)
SECTION Ⅱ Use of English
( 15 minutes)
Read the following text. Choose the best word or phrase for each numbered blank and mark A, B,C, or D on your ANSWER SHEET.
Folk toys are those whose designs have passed down through the generations, made by hand and not in factories. 26 manufactured toys, they are not protected by copyrights or patents, 27 have they been standardized by machine production. Early folk toys were made of natural materials 28 wood, cloth, metal, earth, and 29 found materials. Wood was often used 30 it was available, easily worked, and required no painting. Toys were considered unimportant, so 31 was written about them. A parent made toys for a child, or children themselves made toys. The toys often were 32 made and used action movements. Traditionally, fathers and boys have been most interested in 33 toys, while mothers and girls have 34 dolls and needlework.
Folk toys include action toys, models, games, puzzles, and dolls. This basic 35 can be enlarged to include skill toys, balance toys, flying toys, shooting toys, _ 36 incorporating music or noise, and animated toys. The 37 name is lost in history, and the descriptive names given to the toys 38 . Typical names include Bullroarer, Jacob' s Ladder, and Limber Jack.
Early settlers of the Appalachian region mostly came from Germany, England, Scotland, andIreland, 39 knowledge of folk toys from their home countries. The designs often were
40 in the process of handing them 41 , so now there are many variations.
The making of homemade toys decreased in 42 of prosperity, when people could 43 manufactured toys. Recently there is a new 44 for the mountain folk toy heritage, 45 And handcrafted toys are sometimes bought in preference to manufactured toys.
26. [ A ] Without [ B ] Unlike [ C ] Despite [ D ] Besides
27. [A] so [B] or [C] nor [D] as
28. [ A ] including [ B ] given [ C ] among [ D ] within
29. [ A ] another [ B ] other [ C ] such [ D ] some
30. [ A ] until [ B ] while [ C ] lest [ D ] because
31. [A] few [B] something [C] little [D] all
32. [ A ] cleverly [ B ] massively [ C ] uniformly [ D ] publicly
33. [ A ] action [ B ] cloth [ C ] manufactured [ D ] patented
34. [ A ] provided [ B ] found [ C ] created [ D ] favored
35. [A] list [B] role [C] feature [D] goal
36. [ A ] that [ B ] these [ C ] those [ D ] which
37. [A] advocator's [B] creator's [C] owner's [D] seller's
38. [ A ] change [ B ] switch [ C ] shift [ D ] vary
39. [ A ] holding [ B ] taking [ C ] carrying [ D ] bringing
40. [ A ] discarded [ B ] modified [ C ] reduced [ D ] minimized
41. [A] around [B] over [C] down [D] out
42. [ A ] place [ B ] hopes [ C ] favor [ D ] times
43. [ A ] copy [ B ] claim [ C ] buy [ D ] carry
44. [ A ] appreciation [ B ] suggestion [ C ] explanation [ D ] identity
45. [ A ] anyway [ B ] however [ C ] instead [ D ] too
- 2020年公共英语三级口语练习：Part B部分常考话题(10)
- 2020年公共英语三级口语练习：Part B部分常考话题(9)
- 2020年公共英语三级口语练习：Part B部分常考话题(8)