1. I will not tolerate that sort of behavior in my class.
2. I realized to my horror that I had forgotten the present.
3. She's extremely competent and industrious.
4. The doctors did not reveal the truth to him.
5. He tried to assemble his thoughts.
6. The law carries a penalty of up to three years in prison.
7. Prisoners were kept in the most appalling conditions.
8. The political situation in the region has deteriorated rapidly.
9. These products are inferior to those we brought last year.
A. poorer than
B. narrower than
C. larger than
D. richer than
10. They're petitioning for better facilities for the disabled on public transport.
11. He said some harsh words about his brother.
12. Most people find rejection hard to accept.
13. We were attracted by the lure of quick money.
14. There as a simultaneous trial taking place in the next build.
15. The organization was bold enough to face the press.