1. Afterwards there was just a feeling of let-down.
2. The committee was asked to render a report on the housing situation.
3. The curriculum was too narrow and too rigid.
4. He led a very moral life.
5. The majority of people around here are decent.
6. His knowledge of French is fair.
A. very usefid
B. very limited
C. quite good
D. rather special
7. The group does not advocate the use of violence.
8. The worst agonies of the war were now beginning.
9. It was a magic night until the spell was broken.
10. They are trying to identify what is wrong with the present system.
11. Several windows had been smashed.
12. She felt that she had done her good deed for the day.
13. London quickly became a flourishing port.
14. His professional career spanned 16 years.
15. His stomach felt hollow with fear.