【摘要】 2018年4月自学考试复习资料尽在环球网校，以下是2018年自考《英语国家概况》冲刺练习七，更多资讯请关注环球网校自学考试频道。 I Read the following unfinished statements or questions care2018年4月自学考试复习资料尽在环球网校，以下是2018年自考《英语国家概况》冲刺练习七，更多资讯请关注环球网校自学考试频道。
I. Read the following unfinished statements or questions carefully. For each unfinished statement or question four suggested answers marked A，B，C and D are given. Choose the one you think best completes the statements or answers the question.
1. All criminal trials are held in open court because the criminal law presumes the _____ of the accused until he has been proved guilty beyond reasonable doubt.
2. The jury consists of ordinary，independent citizens summoned by the court：12 in England，Wales and Northern Ireland，and ____ in Scotland.
3. People between the ages of _____ and 70 (65 in Scotland)whose names appear on the electoral register，with certain exceptions，are liable for jury service and their names are chosen at random.
4. Youth Courts try most cases involving people under _____.
5. The Crown Court sits at _____ centers and is presided over by High Court Judges，full-time Circuit Judges and part-time Recorders.
6. The main courts of civil jurisdiction in England and Wales are the County Courts of which there are _____.
7. In Northern Ireland civil cases up to the value of ￡_____ are dealt with in county courts.
8. There are _____ police forces in England and Wales，8 in Scotland and one(the Royal Ulster Constabulary)9n Northern Ireland.
9. Police officers are not allowed to join ____ or to go on strike.
A. a club
B. a trade union
C. a political party
D. the army
10. There are about 130 prison establishments in England and Wales and some 20 in Scotland，many of which were built in the ____ century.
1. C 2. D 3. A 4. B 5. C 6. A 7. B 8. D 9. B 10. D