1. Speaker A : Oh, I am sorry. I just realized that I forgot to bring the tape recorder you lent me. I left it in the do rm.
Speaker B: That's all right. I won't need it until tonight.
A. It would be OK till then
B. So long as I'll have it then
C. As long as I have it by then
D. And I don't think you won't give it to me by then
2. Pupil: I apologize for being late this morning. My alarm clock didn't ring.
A. That's all right. These things often happen.
B. Would you please forgive me? I'll never accept any apologies at all.
C. Thank you. You are really too kind apologizing to me.
D. Never mind. You don't have to be so polite.
3. Doctor: __________.
Patient: I've got a bad cold and got a sore throat.
A. Do you have anything to declare, sir?
B. Good morning! May I help you?
C. How have you getting along recently?
D. What seems to be the problem?
4. Mike: Hi, morn. I'd like you to meet my girlfriend, Susan Brown. Susan, this is my mother.
Susan: How do you do, Mrs. Miller.
Mother: How do you do, Susan. I'm glad you can join us. __________.
A. Take it easy
B. Please feel natural
C. Make yourself at home
D. Feel all right here
5. Speaker A : It's terrible. I can't make anything out of this lecture.
Speaker B : __________. I'm thinking of dropping the courses.
A. Neither can I
B. I know nothing about it
C. It's dead simple
D. The professor speaks well
6. Classmate A : Damn it. My mailbox got packed with loads of Junks.
Classmate B:You can use Active Email Monitor, a spam filter, to create any number of filters and so cut down on the amount of junk emails you receive.
Classmate A: Thank you. You really help me a lot.
Classmate B : __________.
A. It's my pleasure
B. It's my duty
C. It's my job
D. It's my fault
7. Keith: __________.,do you know where the police station is?
Woman: No, I'm sorry. I don't. I'm not from around here.
A. I'm sorry
B. Excuse me
8. Dave: I think I need much money, but my wife does not think so. __________?
Caroline : What do you need" much money" for? Perhaps your wife is a very organic, simple needs person. Have you ever explained what the actual money is for?
A. What shall I do
B. Why does she not agree
C. How could she not like money
D. When she will agree with me
9. Speaker A: I'd like to make an appointment with the doctor for tomorrow.
Speaker B: __________. The only time available to him is the day after tomorrow.
A. Unfortunately, he is completely booked
B. Unfortunately, he is totally taken away
C. He is happy to be totally booked
D. The doctor's schedule is unfortunate
10. Karen: Hello. Could I speak to Justin, Please?
Justin : __________.
A. Yes, you could.
C. Who are you?
D. Speak, Please.