Part I Listening Comprehension (15minutes)
Directions: This part is to test your listening ability. It consists of 3 sections.
Directions: This section is to test your ability to understand short dialogues. There are 5 recorded dialogues in it. After each dialogue, there is a recorded question. Both the dialogues and questions will be spoken only once. When you hear a question, you should decide on the correct answer from the 4 choices marked A, B, C and D given in your test paper. Then you should mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
Example: You will hear:
You will read: A. New York City. B. An evening party.
C. An air trip. D. The man’s job.
From the dialogue we learn that the man is to take a flight to New York. Therefore, C. An air trip is the correct answer. You should mark C on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center. [A] [B] [C] [D]
Now the test will begin.
W: I love the car, but I'm afraid I can't afford it.
M: If you really like it, you can borrow money from the bank.
Q: What does the man advise the woman to do?
1. A) Buy a less expensive car. B)Make a price comparison.
C) Borrow money from the bank. D) Wait until the price goes down.
2. M: Have you got a job with the company?
W: No, no position is available now.
Q: Why can't the woman get a job with the company?
2. A) No job is suitable for her. B) They can't offer any position.
C) She can't meet its requirements. D) Her English is not good enough.
3. W: What benefit can I get if I become your club member?
M: You can enjoy a prize discount.
Q: What benefit can the club member get?
3. A) A free gift. B) A VIP card. C) A free ticket. D) A price discount.
4. M: Can I help you, Madam?
W: Yes, I bought a washing machine in your shop last week. But it doesn’t work now.
Q: What can we learn from the conversation?
4. A) The machine works well. B) The machine costs too much.
C)The woman is making a complaint. D)The woman wants to get her money back
5. W: Hello, may I make an appointment with your manager?
M: Ok, but who's calling, please?
Q: Why does the woman make the phone call?
5. A) To meet a friend. B) To sell a product.
C) To discuss a sales plan. D) To make an appointment.
Direction: This section is to test your ability to understand short conversations. There are 2 recorded conversations in it. After each conversation, there are some recorded questions .Both the conversations and questions will be spoken two times. When you hear a question, you should decide on the correct answer from the 4 choices marked A, B, C and D given in your test paper. Then you should mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
M: Good morning, may I help you?
W: Good morning, I need to cash this check.
M: Certainly, could you please fill in this form.
W: Sure, where should I sign my name?
M: In this box, please. Do you brining you ID card and savings account book?
W: Yes, here you are.
M: Thank you. How would you like to have your money?
W: Eight notes of one hundred please.
M: All right, here is the money and you savings book.
W: Thank you very much.
6. What is the woman doing in the bank?
7. How would the woman like to have her money?
6. A) Cashing a check. B) Opening an account.
C) Saving some money. D) Applying for a loan.
7. A) Four notes of one hundred. B) Eight notes of one hundred.
C) Ten notes of fifty. D) Fifteen notes of twenty.
W: Why do you want to work with our company ?
M: I want to get a more challenging job.
W: How about your current job?
M: My salary is not bad, but I want to have a try of this chance.
W: All right, how did you get to know about this job?
M: I read about it in the newspaper.
W: Why do you think you're suitable for this job?
M: I have five years' work experience in this field.
W: Ok, then how much salary do you expect from this job?
M: No less than five thousand Yuan per month.
W: Do you have any questions?
M: Not at the moment.
W: Right, we will inform you when we have made a decision.
M: Thank you for the interview.
W: You're welcome.
8. Why did the man apply for the job?
9. How did the man know about the job?
10. Why does the man think he is suitable for the job?
8. A)To have more work experience. B)To have a much higher salary.
C) To get a better chance for promotion. D) To try something more challenging.
9. A)From a magazine. B)From a brochure.
C) From a friend. D) From a newspaper.
10. A) He has related work experience. B) His education background is good.
C) His English is beyond average. D) He has a strong sense of responsibility.