1. The teacher’s lecture on American history was three hours long, and Mary felt very _____.
A. upset B. bored C. disturbed D. neglected
答案. B 关于美国历史，这个教师讲了有三个小时长，这让Mary 感到非常讨厌。upset 难过的，不安的; bored 令(人)厌烦; disturbed 打扰，扰乱，弄乱; neglected 忽视，忽略。
2. Her mind was so _____ by the disease that she could not remember what she had done.
A. acted B. influenced C. effected D. affected
答案. D influenced (正面的)影响; effected (正面的) 影响; affected (坏的)影响;
3. Every boy and girl _____ not to swim in the lake, for it is polluted.
A. has been warned B. have been warned
C. has warned D. have warned
答案. A 每个男孩儿和女孩儿被警示不准去那个湖里游泳，因为这个湖被污染了。以every开头，谓语动词用单数。
4. She heard a terrible noise, _____ brought her heart into her mouth.
A. it B. this C. which D. that
答案. C 她听到一阵可怕的声音，这让她心都提到噪子眼儿了。这是一个非限制性定语从句，定的是前面的一句话，这种情况下用which来引导。
5. Why can’t you do this small _____ for me? I’ve helped you often enough in the past.
A. command B. demand C. effort D. favor
答案. D to do a favour for sb 或to do sb a favour 帮某人个忙; 句子中do this small favour for me 意思是： 帮我一个小忙。
6. _____ he often forgot their wedding anniversary greatly annoyed his wife.
A. All B. What C. Which D. That
答案. D 这是一个头重脚轻的主语从句，wedding anniversary 结婚纪念日。
7. You screamed in your sleep last night. You _____ a terrible dream.
A. must have had B. must have
C. must had had D. must have been
答案. A 你一定是做了个恶梦了，用完成时态。
8. However much _____, it will be worth the money.
A. the dictionary costs B. costs the dictionary
C. the dictionary will cost D. does the dictionary cost
答案. A 这道题考时态，考语序，However much the dictionary costs：不管这本词典花多少钱。
9. I don’t care _____ or not she will apologize to me.
A. if B. whether C. what D. which
答案. B 我并不在意她是否给我道歉;whether or not “是否”，固定搭配用法。
10. One of my brother’s many faults is that he never _____ anything very long.
A. decides on B. sticks to
C. goes over D. makes up
答案. B stick to 坚持;我弟弟的缺点之一就是什么事儿都不能坚持太久。
11. The departure of the train will be _____ for half an hour.
A. cancelled B. delayed C. postponed D. set off
答案. B cancel 取消，撤消; set off 出发，动身; postpone 延迟，推迟; delayed 延迟，耽误。
12. But for his sister’s help, I _____ the work.
A. did not finish B. will not finish
C. could not finish D. would not have finished
答案. D 当时要不是他姐姐的帮助，我就不能完成那项工作。
13. Emphasis is laid on the necessity that all the objectives to be attained _____ into account before starting a new project.
A. be taken B. should take
C. would be taken D. have to be taken
答案. A 选项A中的should省略，这句话是说：在开始一个新的项目之前，应考虑把重点放在将要实现的所有目标的必要性上。
14. Sixty per cent of television viewers chose her as their _____ actress.
A. fortunate B. preferred C. favourite D. preferable
答案. C favourite 受欢迎的，这句话的意思是：百分之六十的观众选择她为最受欢迎的演员。
15. Judges must be independent _____ political pressure.
A. to B. of C. under D. on
答案. B 法官一定不能受政治压力的影响; be independent of 不受…影响。
16. I looked everywhere for some cooking oil, but I could only find ____. 58英语学习网，简单学英语
A. a little B. little C. a few D. few
答案. A cooking oil 是不可数名词，另外根据境可知：这个句子又表示肯定的含义，(若选C则表示否定含义，即一点也没有找到)所以选择A选项。
17. Al’s doctor insists _____ for a few days.
A. that he is resting B. him to rest
C. his resting D. that he rest
答案. D Al 的医生坚持要他休息了些日子; insist 后面用虚拟语气，should可省略。
18. There wasn’t much snow last winter so people couldn’t go ____ except in the mountains.
A. skiing B. skied C. to ski D. having skied
答案. A go skiing 去划雪; 类似的还有： go shopping 去购物; go swimming 去游泳; go boating 去划船。
19. You’ve got to be on top _____ to do well in a competition like that.
A. condition B. form C. shape D. training 58en
答案. B 固定搭配用法：to be on top form 处于最佳状态。
20. Your behavior was shocking. You should be ashamed _____ yourself.
A. of B. at C. to D. on
答案. A 你的行为令人感到震惊，你应当为此感到羞愧; be ashamed of … 为…感到羞愧。