PartⅠ Vocabulary and Structure (25 points, 30 minutes)
Directions: There are 50 incomplete sentences in this part. For each sentence there are four choices marked A), B), C) and D). Choose the ONE answer that best completes the sentence. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
1. By 1929, Mickey Mouse was as popular _ b_ children as Coca Cola.
A) for B) with C) to D) in
2. When you buy anything expensive, never forget to ask for the _A from the shop.
A) receipt B) trust C) renderD) tale
3. The financial support is decided not only according to your GRE score, but also according to your _C in college.
A) intelligence B) policy C) performance D) statement
4. Professor Smith is also the of the international program D office. If you have any problem when you study here, you may go to him for help.
A) detective B) president C) manager D) director
5. We do not have a __A school (研究生学院—)in our institute. (学院，开始，创立)The highest degree we provide for the students is a B. A.(文学士) and a B. S.(理学士) .
A) graduate B) high C) grade D) continue
6. Paper clips, drawing pins and safety-pins were _D_ all over the floor.
A) separated(分开) B) sprayed(溢出) C) spilled(喷雾——) D) scattered (散乱)
7. I am writing _B my mother to express her thanks for your gift.
A) in memory of B) on behalf of (代表)
C) with respect to(就) D) on account of(因为)
8. In considering men for jobs in our firm, we give __D__
to those with some experience.
B) advice C) prize D) preference (偏爱)
9. She is ___C_ a musician than her brother.
A) much of B) much as C) more of(更多) D) more as
10.The assignments are too hard. I can't __A_ the work.
A) keep up with (跟上—)B) catch up with 赶上
C) come up with想出 D) put up with= can’t stand up忍受
11. Robert Spring, a 19th century forger,(仿造) was so good at his profession (职业，专业，声明，宣布，表白)that he was able to make his living for 15 years by selling __C__ signatures(签名) of famous Americans.
A) artificial (伪造的，仿造的，虚伪的)B) genuine (真是的，真正的)C) false(伪造的，欺诈的) D) natural
12.In 1890 there were many American cities and towns where part of a day's school instruction was conducted in(以。。。。语言为主要交流) language ___B_ English.
A) more than B) other than(不同于，除了) C) except that D) except for(期待期望)
13.The problem will be discussed (商讨讨论)at length (最后，中于，详细的) in the ___D_ Chapter. 章，人生或历史上的重要时期，分会呗。。。分成章节
A) consequent (结果，随之发生)B) latter C) late D) subsequent (后来。随后的)
14.They are members of the club by _A of their great wealth.
A) virtue (功效，优点，贞操。美德)B) way C) means D) word
15.The value of the industrial C __ dropped from about 70 billion dollars to slightly more than 31 billion.
A) outcome B) outlook C) output D) outset
16.Scientists believe that color blindness is a(n) __B_ defect, and there is no cure for it.
A) retained B) inherited C) received D) infected
17.She was glad that her success would ___D_ for the women
A) be easier to make B) make it easier
C) be easier D) make things easier (for之前不要用动词)
18.Fred says that his present job does not provide him with enough ___A_ for his organizing ability.
A) scope B) space C) capacity D) extent
19.San Francisco is usually cool in the summer, but Los Angeles
A) is rarely B) hardly is C) rarely is D) is scarcelly
20.You've been overworking recently, and would find a holiday ____.
A) fortunate B) essential C) profitable D) beneficial 5151684856