1. We’re late. I expect the film _____ by the time we get to the cinema.
A. had already started
B. have already started
C. will already have started
D. D. have already been started
2. Mary _____ in the garden when it began to rain.
A. was walking B. walked C. walking D. had walked
3. When the mixture ________, it will give off a powerful force.
A. will heat B. will be heated C. is heated D. has heated
4. English ____ in a new way at my college in the past few years.
A. has been teaching B. was being taught C. has been taught D. had been taught
5.Smith is to study medicine as soon as he _______ military services.
A. will finish B. has finished C. finish D. would finish
6. Please be sure to telephone me the next time you ______.
A. will come B. would come C. shall come D. come
7. All the machines _____ by the end of the following week.
A. were repaired B. will be paid C. have been repaired D. will have been repaired
8. When I got to the top of the mountain, the sun _______.
A. shone B. shines C. has shone D. was shining
9. Return the book immediately to the library as soon as you ______ with it.
A. finish B. are finished C. have finished D. are finishing
10. Let’s go to the cinema tonight. I _____ for you at the gate.
A. wait B. are finished C. have finished D. are finishing
11. The chemistry class ______ for five minutes when we hurried there.
A. had been on B. was on C. has been on D. would be on
12. By the time Juan gets home, his aunt _______.
A. will leave B. leaves C. will have left D. is leaving
13. He has ______ the army for ten years and is now an officer.
A. gone into B. joined in C. been in D. come into
14. You’ve already missed too many classes this term.. You _____ two classes just last week.
A. missed B. would miss C. had missed D. have missed
15. One of the guards ______ when the general came in, which made him very angry.
A. has slept B. were sleeping C. slept D. was sleeping
1-5 CACCB 6-10 DDDAB 11-15 ACCAD