Scientists have learned a lot about the kinds of people need. They say that there are several kinds of food that people should eat every day, they are: (1) green and yellow vegetables of all kinds; (2) citrus (柑桔) fruits and tomatoes; (3) potatoes and other fruits and vegetables; 94) meat of all kinds, fish and eggs; (5) milk and foods made from milk; (6) bread or cereal (谷类), rice is also in this kind of food; (7) butter, or something like butter.
People in different countries and different places of the world eat different kinds of things. Foods are cooked and eaten in many different kinds of ways. People in different countries eat at different times of the day. In some places people eat once or twice a day; in other countries people eat three or four times a day. Scientists say that none of the differences is really important. It doesn’t matter whether foods are eaten raw or cooked, canned (罐装的) or frozen (冷冻的). It doesn’t matter if a person eats dinner at 4 o’clock in the afternoon or at eleven o’clock at night. The important thing is what you eat every day.
There are two problems, then, in feeding the large number of people on the earth. The first is to find some way to feed the world’s population so that no one is hungry. The second is to make sure that people everywhere have the right kinds of food to make them grow to be strong and healthy.
1. According to(依据)the scientists，which of the following groups of food is the healthiest for your lunch?
A. Chicken, apples, cereal and cabbages.
B. Potatoes, carrots, rice and bread.
C. Oranges, bananas, fish and tomatoes.
D. Beef, pork, fish and milk,
2. It is important for people to eat ______.
A. three times a day
B. dinner at twelve o’clock
C. cooked food all the time
D. something from each of the seven kinds of food every day
3. People in different countries and different places of the world ________.
A. have the right kinds of food to eat
B. cook their food in the same way
C. have their meals at the same time
D. eat food in different ways
4. Which of the following is not true?
A. People in some places don’t have enough to eat.
B. There are too many people in the world.
C. One of the problems is that no one is hungry.
D. The scientists are trying to make people grow to be strong and healthy.
5. If there is Paragraph (段落) 4, what do you think is going to be talked about?
A. When people eat their lunch.
B. What to do with the two problems.
C. How to cook food in different ways.
D. Why people eat different kinds of food.
2. D。由“The important thing is what you eat every day.”及第一段的内容可知D是正确答案。而根据第二段可知A、B、C皆为错误的。
3. D。第二段开头的“People in different countries and different places of the world eat different kinds of things. Foods are cooked and eaten in many different kinds of ways.”这两句是解答本题的关键。
5. B。A、C和D都是在上文刚刚谈论过的，又根据第三段“There are two problems, then, in feeding the large number of people on the earth.”所提的两个问题，可以推知下文可能要谈论如何解决这两个问题。故答案为B。