In China it is relatively usual to ask people their age，but in the west this question is generally regarded as impolite. This is particularly true 1__________ women, and even more 2__________ if the inquirer is a man.
However, it is very 3__________ to ask children their age，and some adults may not mind 4 either. In fact，some elderly people are quite happy to 5__________ their age，especially if they feel they look young 6__________ their age. Nevertheless，it is not very wise to ask a(n) 7__________ question like “How old are you?”。 If elderly people want to talk about their age，and perhaps receive a compliment on how young they look，they may easily 8__________ the topic themselves，and ask the other person to 9__________ how old they are. 10__________ such a question，it is quite acceptable to discuss age 11__________ . They normally expect to be complimented on their youthfulness，though rather than 12__________ that they look very old!
13__________ Westerners do not usually ask people directly how old they are，this does not 14__________ that they are interested to know how old other people are. They may ask someone else 15__________ the information, 16__________ they may try to 17__________ the topic indirectly. Sometimes discussions about educational 18__________ and the number of years of working experience may provide some 19 ，but this is not always the 20__________ .
1. A. on B. for C. in D. of
2. A. that B. such C.than D. so
3. A. average B. normal C.expected D. unusual
4. A. being asked. B. asking C.to ask D. to be asked
5. A. reveal B. reflect C.release D. remark
6. A. to B.with C. for D. at
7. A. open B. strange C.impolite D.direct
8. A. bring about B. bring up C. bring along D. bring to
9. A.guess B. know C. learn D. predict
10. A. For B. With C. In D. On
11. A.free B. freedom C. freely D. in a free way
12. A. being told B. told C.to tell D. to be told
13. A. Though even B. Even C.Even that D. Even though
14. A. include B. intend C. mean D. conclude
15. A. about B. of C. with D. for
16. A. rather than B. or else C.so else D. still else
17. A. approach B. solve C. address D. take
18. A.background B. level C. knowledge D. experience
19. A. knowledge B. clues C. evidence D. suggestions
20. A. truth B. case C. reality D. fact