1. I looked everywhere for some cooking oil, but I could only find ____.
A. a little B. little C. a few D. few
2. Al’s doctor insists _____ for a few days.
A. that he is resting B. him to rest
C. his resting D. that he rest
3. There wasn’t much snow last winter so people couldn’t go ____ except in the mountains.
A. skiing B. skied C. to ski D. having skied
4. You’ve got to be on top _____ to do well in a competition like that.
A. condition B. form C. shape D. training
5. Your behavior was shocking. You should be ashamed _____ yourself.
A. of B. at C. to D. on
6. I suppose you couldn’t let me borrow your car this evening, _____?
A. couldn’t I B. don’t I
C. could you D. will you
7. _____ five hundred people are believed to have drowned.
A. As many as B. As much as
C. So many as D. So much as
8. I chose a small room with the window _____ the street.
A. faces B. faced C. facing D. to face
9. _____ the rain we would have had a nice holiday.
A. But that B. Despite C. But for D. In spite of
10. “It’s too bad Rhonda is moving to Arizona.”
“I wish it _____ so far away.”
A. weren’t B. couldn’t be C. won’t be D. isn’t