1. _____ I don’t like are the long, dark nights of winter.
A. That B. What C. Which D. This
2. The receptions, _____ job was to answer the phone, had laryngitis(喉炎).
A. whose B. who C. who’s D. that
3. The suggestions put forward by the workers to improve their working conditions were _____ by the factory owner.
A. turned away B. turned down
C. turned over D. turned through
4. With apples at 25 cents a pound, we couldn’t resist _____ four pounds.
A. to take B. took C. taking D. have taken
5. Well-mannered children have usually been properly _____ by their parents.
A. raised up B. borne up
C. brought up D. got up
6. Tom’s father, as well as his mother, _____ in New York for a few days more.
A. asks him to stay B. asks he stays
C. ask he to stay D. asks he would stay
7. If we had known that she had planned to go abroad today, we _____ at the airport.
A. will see her off B. would have seen her off
C. would see her off D. must have seen her off
8. Living in the central Australian desert has its problems, _____obtaining water is not the least.
A. of which B. for what C. as D. whose
9. He burned all the important papers _____ that should fall into enemy’s hands.
A. unless B. so C. lest of D. for fear
10. Literature and art have a great influence _____ people’s ideology.
A. to B. on C. for D. onto