1. She was such a proud person that she would die ______ she would admit she was wrong.
2. At the climate conference, China promised to take its responsibility ______ urging(要求) that the major developed countries should show their political will about the matter of global warming
3.—I’ll join the music club ______ Mary is in the club, too.
—You mean if Mary joins the club you’ll do, too.
A. in case
B. so that
C. now that
D. on condition that
4.In peace, too, the Red Cross is expected to send help ______ there is human suffering.
5. ______ you must remain calm.
A.Whatever you may be frightened
B.However frightened you may be
C.Whatever frightened you may be
D.However you may be frightened
6.______ you've got a chance to go abroad for further study, why not seize it ?
7.______ it is true that a student’s most important goal is to do well in his or her studies, it doesn’t need to be the only goal.
8.______, a small advertisement held my attention, which read “Easy job. Good wages. No experience necessary.”
A. Looking through the newspaper
B. While I was looking through the newspaper
C. To look through the newspaper
D. I was looking through the newspaper
9._______ most children nowadays are the only children, they tend to be more self-centered.
10.I’m not sure whether I will have anything else to do this evening._____, I will try every possible means to come to your birthday party.
11.He will never give up the chance to go abroad for further education ______ the situation is .
12.The river is so seriously polluted that few fish, ______, can be found alive in it.
13You'll find it hard to get rid of the drug habit ______ you have it.
14. ______ , the dancers practice hard to make their dreams come true.
A. Being disabled as they
B. As they are disabled
C. Disabled as they are
D. Disabled so they are
15.Though ______ of the danger, he still went skating on the thin ice.
16. ______ what I said to him, he refused to follow my advice.
17.______ it is hoped that college students should be equipped with the ability to take a good set of notes, this is not always the case.
18. I found her nice and honest ______ I saw her.
A.for the first time
B.the first time
C.on the first time
19.Lucy was so pleased ______ her son won the first place in the long jump competition.
20.--Mum, I failed the test again.
--- Oh, I knew it. How can you learn anything ______ you spend all your free time watching television.